Monday, August 1, 2011

Random Low-Budget Phillyness

Anyone who’s ever seen a video that I shot and produced knows that I have a sordid love of low-budget web videos. 1. Because I have no budget. And, 2. There’s something about knowing just how low-budget it was that makes it authentic as hell. I also love Philly. For all of its nasty grimy anger inducing parts, it’s a great city and by god, it’s home.

I recently got sent a link to a video called “July,” a promo single from Steve Goldberg and the Arch Enemies. This video was recorded entirely on an Android phone in and around Philadelphia: pretty much as low budget as it gets. The song is fun. And its feel-good quirkiness is almost as fun as trying to identify the random Philly shots in the video. I'm pretty sure that's the park near Royal Tavern.

They have a kind of kick-starter going to fund their EP’s post-production. That link is here. But if nothing else, check out the video below. It’s worth the 3 minutes of your life.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout! The playground in the video is at the Fishtown rec center, but a bunch of the other shots are in South Philly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damnit!!!! I thought I was that good...!

    ReplyDelete